Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm still forgetting to blog

This is really getting sad. I only remember to blog during the weekday but enough with the excuses. Friday was a great day for the girls. The guys decided to stay home and work on the Pre-PDR. We went to the observatory with Dr. Jim. It was my first time actually looking through a telescope of that size. I thought that the magnification and power of the microscope was the reason why we couldn't see heavenly bodies in such great detail; however, Dr. Guzik informed us that the size of the microscope plays the biggest role. The first object we seen was Saturn. I was in such awe, and I couldn't believe I was actually looking at it. It looks exactly how it does on pictures. We also looked at two star clusters. One was the oldest object in the universe (I think). It was about 15 or 16 billion years old and 25,000 light years away. We looked at a binary star system located in the handle of the big dipper. We may have looked at other objects, but these are the only things that will come to memory. Anyway we did have a great time on Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment